Switch off lights for an hour!
8:30PM - 9:30PM
Saturday, 19 March 2016
What is Earth Hour?
• Earth Hour is a global WWF climate change initiative. Individuals,
businesses, governments and communities are invited to switch off
their lights for one hour on the last Saturday of March every year at 8:30pm to
show their support for action on climate change.
• Earth Hour is a symbolic event designed to engage people from all
walks of life in the climate change discussion to send a strong
message to our political leaders that we want them to take
meaningful action on climate change.
• It is the largest climate event in history where millions of
people around the world will unite by turning off their lights for
one hour, Earth Hour, to demand action on the climate crisis.
When is Earth Hour?
Earth Hour 2015 takes place on Saturday, 28 March 2015 at 8:30pm
What does WWF hope to accomplish through Earth Hour?
• Through Earth Hour, WWF hopes to create political momentum for
enacting national climate legislation and a global climate treaty.
• Through Earth Hour, WWF will continue to educate and raise
awareness about the climate crisis and offer ideas and solutions
that people can merge into their daily lives.
• Through Earth Hour, WWF aims to unify people’s voices from around
the world who are demanding action form our elected officials to
solve the climate crisis.
WWF-Malaysia now urges all Malaysians to come
together again during Earth Hour and show their support for the
fight against climate change.
Please switch off non-essential lights during Earth Hour.
The links provided here are for information only.
We make no guarantee of
the status of the links nor it is responsible for its contents,
consequently shall not be liable for any loss or cost, directly or
otherwise, by following the links provided. 2016 All rights Reserved. Expatriate
Malaysia on Earth Hour 2016 Malaysia.