Expat Computer Tips:
Weekly PC maintenance checklist
Free Email accounts:
Get one of these email account and stay with it wherever you go
without changing. These email accounts also protects you from
computer viruses, spyware and malware.
1. Gmail by Google - www.gmail.com
No need to delete your email again...Gmail gives you 7GB (and
- http://mail.yahoo.com (5GB
Hotmail - www.hotmail.com
program and utilities:
1. AVG Free Antivirus
(Personal Edition) - free.grisoft.com
- free virus definition update as well, keep in mind to check
update at least once a week.
2. McAfee Stinger (virus/worm cleaning utilities)
Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific
viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but
rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with
an infected system.
1. Microsoft Windows Defender (beta)
- remember to update the definition always...
Search & Destroy 1.4
3. Ad-Aware SE
1. Disk Cleanup & Disk Defragmenter
To keep the PC running at a healthy state, do run disk cleanup and disk
defragmenter once a month. In Windows XP, go to Start, Programs,
Accessories, System Tools...
Cleanup unnecessary temp files in one go...
A small, fast and FREE program that every PC should have (part of
essential software for
Expatriates Weekly PC Maintenance)
Click here for more info and download
1. IrfanView - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
Free Photo Organiser:
Find, edit and share your photos, free from Google
1. iTunes 5 For Mac & Windows
- popular digital jukebox
2. WinAmp -
another popular audio media player
your PC protected - click here to check
Free alternative Internet browser (faster & safer):
| Top | Search |